HABS

Boulay Block, Berlin

The Boulay Block is a well-preserved example of a three-story "Block," a distinctive local multi-family building type, built by and occupied by French Canadians. This three-story, three-family, flat-roofed dwelling, combines French-Canadian and New England building forms and plans and retains its distinctive features including three-story porches that wrap around the side elevation, and exterior stairways on the side porches providing access to each unit.

Grenier Field, Manchester

Grenier Field at Manchester Airport.  Download Form.

Robert Armstrong House, Windham

Historic Building Survey documentation for this ca. 1830 farmhouse onRange Road inWindham was completed in 2010.  

Huggins Hospital, Wolfeboro

A New Hampshire Historic Property Documentation Form was prepared for this representative example of a modern community hospital built in 1924 and altered and expanded with later additions several times during the period of significance. The architect, Albert H. Dow, Sr. (1887-1962), a native of New Hampshire, is recognized for his work regionally, notably New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Maine.

Barracks/Laware Block, Westboro

The Barracks Block, also known as the Laware Block, is a well-preserved, rare surviving example of mid-nineteenth-century multifamily housing constructed by Northern Railroad. The block was constructed ca. 1865 in the local Greek/Gothic Revival style to house railroad employees and their families.  Download Form

 

HAER

Buck Street Island and Dams, Pembroke and Allenstown, NH

Preservation Company is producing state historic property documentation for Buck Street Island, the east and west Buck Street Dams and the archeological remains of mill sites. Buck Street Island is located in the Suncook River which is the dividing line between Allenstown and Pembroke. Development occurred here beginning in the 1750s.  Generations of mills and other water-powered industries were located at the site before the last set of dams were built c. 1908 by the Suncook Mills to store water for use in the downriver mills.

Elm Street Stone Box Culvert over Richard’s Brook

The Elm Street Stone Box Culvert, is one of at least sixty-three box-type stone culverts in the state. The Elm Street Culvert is unusual in that it connects to a stone-lined channel that controls Richards Brook downstream from the culvert for approximately 300’ until it reaches the Piscataquog River. This HAER documentation was prepared as part of the mitigation for the demolition of the culvert.

Merrimack Village Dam

The 1895 Merrimack Village Dam was one of only three gravity arch dams in New Hampshire. It’s uncommon curved shape was designed in response to specific geological conditions at the site. The dam was built for Gordon Woodbury of Bedford for use by his shoe factory which was located across the street from the dam. This HAER documentation was prepared as partial mitigation for the demolition of the dam.